Carbon performance at a fraction of the cost!
Fiberglass steering wheels are manufactured like carbon steering wheels, in one piece without gluing, resulting in a highly efficient monocoque structure. The anodized aluminum hub is integrated into the mold which is painted before fitting so that the wheel leaves the finished mold.
The difference is that the fiberglass composite wheel is much cheaper than the carbon version. Fiberglass composite steering wheels have a great advantage over the stainless steel steering wheels that are found on all production boats:
- A complete range: diameter 700 to 1700
- The weight which is 2 to 3 times less than a stainless steel wheel bar which results in less inertia of the bar system when the autopilot is in operation, especially than today all production boats are with 2 bars!
- The notion of inertia is very important: depending on the sea, the pilot will operate in spurts and will therefore be subject to the inertia of the helm system, the lighter the bars and the less the pilot will tire
- Much better and much more pleasant handling of the bar thanks to the shape and the larger bar sectionExcellent grip, no need for leather to have a pleasant touch
- No oxidation, no maintenance Choice of the color of the bar that matches that of the boat
Choice of the color of the bar that matches that of the boat
- 4 different models: Y, rounded Y, 3 branches, 5 branches
Our GFC (Glass Fiber Composite) wheel bars are manufactured using our new injection process and the integrated hubs are compatible with most steering systems on the market (Jefa, Lewmar, Edson, Goiot).
We can produce a custom-made wheel according to your own wishes!